2015 XXL freshman Dej Loaf decided to make a stop at the Observatory a few weeks ago. Despite her big buzz, tickets were ten bucks (seems like a good buy for a show right?). When I bought my ticket, I was somewhat familiar with her music. I was not front row for this show. At about 10 pm, she came out on an Iohawk and wore Joy Rich. Dej performed a six song set — which meant there were a handful of openers, including RTG (Reckless Trippy Gang) an upcoming rap group from Southern California. Loaf performed tracks including Me, U and Hennessy, Ryda and We Be On It. She also brought out Casey Veggies for Whatever You Like. She was one of the few artists to actually come back out for an encore performance at this venue. The crowd appeared to be more relaxed throughout her set. She likes to interact with her fans in the crowd instead of solely performing and leaving. I would like to see her again. The pictures came out way better from where I was standing this time around. Take a look below.
- Find Your Light with Jay James’ “Glory”
- [Visual] 4Hunnid Records’ Mitch and Ann Marie Match Energy on “Like This”
- Meet Tamaraebi, The Nigerian Singer-Songwriter Chasing Nirvana with His EP ‘Heaven’s Gate’
- Rachel Foxx Promises to Hold You Tight with “Be Mine” (Prod. by Jarreau Vandal)
- Emotional Oranges Brought the Juice to Orange County